Radiesse™ is a new generation Dermal Filler made of calcium hydroxylapatite that has both immediate effects and benefit of collagen formation. Thus, aside from the advantage of seeing the results immediately after the treatment, you’re assured of longer lasting results (up to 2 years!) and better filling action because of its property of stimulating your own body’s collagen formation. It’s used to improve wrinkles, restore facial and hand volume and to improve deep scars like acne and chickenpox scars.
This patient had very deep Nasolabial folds that bothered her and made her look older than her age. Radiesse™ injection rejuvenated her appearance instantly! And this will last for up to 2 years!
Want to know more about Radiesse™? Pls call us at 8088140, 8869148 or 0917-9579335 to schedule your consultation with our Board-Certified and International-trained Dermatologist, Dr. Margaret Corcoran. See you at CorDerm soon!
Tag: Acne scars treatments
WHAT ARE RADIESSE® FILLERS?
Radiesse® are dermal fillers that are used for smoothing moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds (the creases that extend from the corner of your nose to the corner of your mouth). Radiesse® is also used for correcting volume loss in the face and in the back of the hands. Radiesse® is likewise proven to form collagen which can help in treating deep scars like atrophic acne and chickenpox scars.
HOW DOES RADIESSE® WORK?
Radiesse® is a wrinkle filler used to plump the skin. Radiesse is injected through a small needle and placed under the skin. Immediately, this filler works to add volume under the skin and over time, the benefits of Radiesse® continue by stimulating your body’s own natural collagen. The natural results have been shown to last 15 to 18 months or more in many patients, making the treatment results both immediate and long lasting. Moreover, since collagen is being formed underneath the deep scars with the injection of Radiesse®, there is a significant long lasting reduction of the depth of deep scars like atrophic acne and chickenpox scars.
WHAT IS RADIESSE® MADE FROM?
RADIESSE® is made of tiny calcium-based microspheres suspended in a water-based gel. The calcium microspheres are similar to minerals found naturally in the body so allergy testing is not required. Over time, the body absorbs the microspheres and gel, leaving behind only natural collagen.
WHAT MAKES RADIESSE® DIFFERENT FROM OTHER DERMAL FILLERS?
Radiesse® is the only dermal filler available composed of calcium-based microspheres, and has been shown to stimulate the natural production of collagen, for results that may last 15 to 18 months or more in many patients. In addition, 30% less Radiesse® may be needed for correction when compared to other hyaluronic acid injectables. Unlike hyaluronic acid fillers, Radiesse™ will not migrate to other areas, which can lead to unsightly bulging/beading underneath the skin. In clinical studies with leading hyaluronic acid injectable dermal fillers, results showed that Radiesse® patients were more satisfied with their results than patients treated with other leading wrinkle fillers.
IS RADIESSE® PAINFUL?
Radiesse® is injected under the skin in a quick procedure that can be done over the lunch hour. Radiesse® is also FDA-approved to mix with lidocaine (an anesthetic), which means the procedure will be much more comfortable. In fact, in a clinical study, 90% of patients treated reported significant pain reduction when injected with Radiesse® mixed with lidocaine.
HOW SOON CAN I SEE THE RESULTS?
Immediately upon injection, Radiesse® restores volume to smooth out the signs of aging. The natural-looking results may last 15 to 18 months or more in many patients. For deep scars like atrophic acne scars, results are even longer lasting.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF RADIESSE®?
The most common adverse events include bruising, redness, swelling, pain, tenderness and itching. These side effects generally last for a short time and are mild in nature.
WHAT IS INFINI™?
Infini™ is a microneedle RF treatment device, which means it uses a combination of radiofrequency energy and microneedling to provide dramatic skin tightening and skin rejuvenation. Infini™ provides a non-surgical face lift by using microneedling fractional radiofrequency (MFR). Gold-coated microneedles are used to create controllable and fractioned radiofrequency thermal coagulation zones, which cause damage to the reticular dermis; this then results in long-term dermal remodelling, new elastin tissue formation, new collagen formation and dermal thickening, without causing epidermal injury.
WHAT ARE THE SKIN PROBLEMS TREATED BY INFINI™?
Infini™ is the ideal device for performing non-surgical cosmetic treatments on the face and neck. A number of different skin problems can be improved with Infini’s innovative microneedle and radiofrequency combination technology. Infini™ skin treatment includes:
▪ Skin tightening
▪ Improvement of Wrinkles and fine lines
▪ Skin rejuvenation
▪ Treatment of Active inflammatory Acne
▪ Improvement of Enlarged pores
▪ Improvement of Acne scars
▪ Scar treatment
▪ Treatment of Hyperhidrosis or Excessive Sweating
▪ Improvement of Stretch marks
▪ Improvement of Excessive Sebum or Oil secretion
HOW COMFORTABLE IS THE INFINI™ TREATMENT?
This depends on the type of procedure and individual, each person has his or her own pain tolerances. However, the INFINI was designed to maximize comfort for the patient with patented flow needling technology. Compared with other MRF (Microneedle Radiofrequency) and SRF (Superficial Radiofrequency) devices, many find the Infini™ more comfortable.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN AFTER INFINI™ THE TREATMENT?
Infini’s precise intra-dermal RF delivery with the MFR approach eliminates thermal damage to skin surface providing faster healing without downtime, and as a result lowers the risk of dark pigmentation after the treatment for all skin types. Typically, the treated area is red and appears “sunburned” or “wind chapped” for up to 24 to 48 hours. Patients may also experience minimal swelling. Following treatment, patients can resume all normal activities. We advise that patients wear adequate sun protection before going outdoors.
HOW MANY INFINI™ TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
The number of treatments depends on age, condition of skin, amount of laxity, and desires. In general, most people should consider 3 treatment sessions, but some have been satisfied with less. With only one session of Infini™ treatment most patients will already see results.
IF I WOULD NEED MORE THAN 1 SESSION OF INFINI™, HOW OFTEN WILL THE TREATMENT SESSIONS BE?
Interval of sessions is 3-6 weeks apart. Interval of sessions can be extended to 8 weeks if needed.
ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS FROM INFINI™ TREATMENT?
Complications or negative side effects are remarkably low with the Infini™ treatments. Patient selection should be appropriate and the settings and technique should be done by a trained and licensed dermatologist. Pre-treating the skin with a balanced medical skincare regimen will also optimize the response to Infini as well as reduce the possibility of any side effects. Problems such as hyperpigmentation which can be frustrating with laser treatments in darker skin types are not typically seen with Infini™ treatments.
LaseRenu combines a sophisticated laser system (fractional Thulium laser) together with an exclusive line of cosmeceuticals, engineered to provide an ideal environment for the medicines to be absorbed into the skin to speed healing from within.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF LASERENU BY LASEMD?
LaseRenu can address these different types of dermatological problems:
– Dark skin pigmentations including Freckles, Melasma
– Wrinkles, Sagging skin
– Dry, Rough skin
– Scars, Keloids
– Stretch marks
– Hair loss, Alopecia
HOW OFTEN CAN I HAVE THE TREATMENT?
Treatment can be done every 2 to 4 weeks.
HOW MANY SESSIONS DO I NEED?
For optimal results, we recommend minimum of 5 sessions.
DOES THE TREATMENT HURT?
You will feel a warm slight pricking sensation during the procedure, which is tolerable.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AFTER THE TREATMENT?
Immediately after the treatment, there will be some slight pinkish hue to the skin which disappears in a few hours.
After a few days, you will notice your skin getting brighter, mild wrinkles improving, and dark spots lightening. More improvement will be noticed after the 3rd treatment session.
For treatment of hair loss/alopecia, you will notice more hair growth after 1 month.
WHAT IS PICOSURE?
PicoSure is the world’s fastest, safest and revolutionary laser specifically designed to treat tattoos and pigmented (brown) spots. It is also very effective laser for treating acne scars, rejuvenating and tightening the skin and reducing wrinkles.
HOW DOES PICOSURE WORK?
PicoSure laser focuses on your problem areas whether it’s brown spots, sun damage, freckles, pigmented lesions, aged & wrinkled skin or acne scars. In the past, lasers have relied on intense heat energy to remove pigment from the skin, which may be painful and lead to significant skin redness and downtime. Now, with the breakthrough picosecond technology of PicoSure, the results are more dramatic and much better with less pain and less downtime than traditional lasers.
WHY IS PICOSURE MORE EFFECTIVE THAN OTHER LASERS?
PicoSure offers a gentler treatment, because of its patented technology of delivering ultra short pulses that create an intense impact with less trauma to the skin.
• Treatments using a PicoSure laser are more comfortable
• Fewer treatments are required
• The skin’s recovery time is shorter
WHAT ARE THE SKIN PROBLEMS TREATED BY PICOSURE?
• Tattoos (All colors)
• All other kinds of pigmentations (e.g. Dark underarms, Dark scars)
• Acne scars
• Wrinkles/ Aging skin
• Uneven skin tone
IS PICOSURE PAINFUL?
There is some pain associated for tattoo removal using PicoSure although this less painful than traditional tattoo removal. We use numbing medication, applied topically 30 minutes prior to the procedure.
PicoSure for melasma, freckles, dark scars/spots and for wrinkles is not painful since the intensity for this is lower than for tattoo removal.
HOW LONG WILL EACH TREATMENT SESSION BE?
Sessions average about 15 minutes each; your actual session length will depend on the size of the tattoo or the treated area. Each session is scheduled about 4 to 6 weeks apart to allow the skin to naturally clear away the pigment of the spot or the ink between treatments.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS DO I NEED?
The number of treatments is based on the color of the tattoo or the dark spot, the type of tattoo ink used and your skin and the severity of the skin problem (wrinkles, acne scars, melasma, etc.). You will see results even after the first session. For example, brown spots may need 2-4 treatments; tattoos may take 3 or more treatments (depending on the type of pigment); acne scars may take 1 to 3 treatments; wrinkles/aging skin may need 1-2 treatments, again, based on your individual situation.
WHAT IS SPECTRA™ SOFT LASER PEEL?
It is the newest, non-invasive laser stimulation technique, using low-level Q-switched Nd:Yag laser, leading to natural peeling of skin using carbon lotion as photo-enhancer to achieve pore tightening, oil control, reduction of wrinkles, and skin rejuvenation. In addition, it reduces acne-causing bacteria deep in the pores to treat moderate to severe inflammatory acne.
This is a video animation to explain how Spectra™ Soft Laser Peel works:
WHAT IS SPECTRA™ LASER TONING?
It is a safe, gentle and effective treatments, using low-level Q-switched Nd:Yag laser, for the improvement of certain hyperpigmented conditions, such as,melasma and post-inflammatory pigmentation (dark scars). Laser toning also improves texture, evens skin tone and reduces pores.
This is a video animation to explain how Spectra™ Laser Toning works:
WHAT ARE THE SKIN PROBLEMS TREATED BY SPECTRA™ SOFT LASER PEEL?
• Acne scars
• Open/Enlarged pores
• Wrinkles/Ageing skin
• Oily skin
• Uneven skin tone
WHAT ARE THE SKIN PROBLEMS TREATED BY SPECTRA™ LASER TONING?
• Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (Dark scars)
• Other kinds of Pigmentations such as Dark Underarms
• Uneven skin tone
• Open/Enlarged pores
IS SPECTRA™ SOFT LASER PEEL & LASER TONING PAINFUL?
There is no pain with the treatment. No anesthesia is required.
HOW LONG WILL EACH TREATMENT SESSION BE?
Soft laser peel & Laser toning typically requires less than 30 minutes.
HOW LONG IS THE RECOVERY TIME?
There is no downtime with Laser Soft Peel and Laser toning. Some patients may experience slight redness that may last several hours. Sometimes patients may experience mild flaking for a few days. Make-up can be applied immediately. Normal activity can be resumed right away, but your face should be protected from the sun.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS DO I NEED?
Patients should start noticing significant improvement after the 3rd session of Laser Soft Peel and Laser toning. Typically, 5 treatment sessions are recommended, done every 2-3 weeks. However, some patients may need additional Laser Soft Peel or Laser toning treatments to achieve satisfactory cosmetic outcome.
WHAT IS AQUA RADIANCE PEEL?
- It is the newest skin treatment that provides both non- invasive exfoliation and delivery of topical medicines to safely and painlessly cleanse, exfoliate and hydrate the skin.
- Because of the gentle exfoliation and medicines infused in the skin, optimum results are achieved faster without the complications and discomfort usually associated with invasive procedures.
- It is unique because it does not use crystals or an abrasive diamond tip that can irritate the skin.
WHAT CONDITIONS DOES AQUA RADIANCE PEEL TREAT?
- Acne – Aqua Radiance Peel is considered a non-pricking facial
- Acne scars
- Dark skin pigmentations
- Open pores
- Photodamaged skin
- Dull, dry skin
- Fine lines/ Wrinkles
- Sensitive skin
THERE’S AN AQUA RADIANCE PEEL FOR YOUR SKIN TYPE:
Aqua Radiance AT Peel
- Uses a solution that deeply cleans and softens the skin, taking out impurities to aid in extraction of pimples, blackheads and whiteheads. It assists in removing dead skin cells and provides moisturization, aiding in firming and smoothing the skin.
Aqua Radiance SA Peel
- Uses a solution is specially formulated for oily and acne- prone skin. The solution aids in exfoliation, taking out dead skin cells, at the same time helps to even out skin tone.
Aqua Radiance AO Peel
- Uses a solution with anti- oxidants, specially formulated to rejuvenate pigmented, dull, dry and aging skin. Gentle cleansing and exfoliation are done with infusion of anti-oxidants for a brighter, lighter and more youthful glow
• This treatment can be applied to acne scars, chicken pox and traumatic scarring.
• Fractionation can also be applied for rejuvenation and is also used to treat photoaging, melasma, freckles and wrinkles.
• Fractionated laser can also be combined with IPL for superior results– a treatment known as Fractionated Photo Rejuvenation.
• Fractionated laser treats only a fraction of the skin enabling rapid healing and minimal side effects.
• Healing time can be as quick as 36 to 48 hours.
WHAT IS FRACTIONAL LASER THERAPY?
• Fractional Laser Therapy is a quick and effective laser procedure with little downtime, used for improving the overall appearance of your skin.
WHAT CONDITIONS CAN FRACTIONAL LASER THERAPY TREAT?
• Scars such as Acne, Chickenpox, Surgical and Traumatic scars
• Pigmentations such as Melasma, Freckles.
• Aging skin with Wrinkles, Age spots, Photoaged skin
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT IMMEDIATELY AFTER TREATMENT?
• Mild to moderate redness
• Sensation resembling sunburn.
WHEN SHOULD I EXPECT RESULTS?
• Effects can be noticed with in a week of treatment. During the subsequent weeks following your treatment, you may notice a general tightening effect. However, the true benefit of Fractional laser is the collagen remodeling that occurs during the 3 to 4 months following your treatment.
ARE THERE ANY RISKS IN THE PROCEDURE?
• Fractional Therapy is widely regarded as a safe procedure. Because only a fraction of the skin is affected, even deep treatments can be very safe. One of the best ways to reduce the possibility of complications is to follow the after-treatment care instructions and follow-up schedule provided by your Dermatologist. Doing so will help reduce the possibility of infection and ensure proper healing.