Radiesse™ is a new generation Dermal Filler made of calcium hydroxylapatite that has both immediate effects and benefit of collagen formation. Thus, aside from the advantage of seeing the results immediately after the treatment, you’re assured of longer lasting results (up to 2 years!) and better filling action because of its property of stimulating your own body’s collagen formation. It’s used to improve wrinkles, restore facial and hand volume and to improve deep scars like acne and chickenpox scars.
This patient had very deep Nasolabial folds that bothered her and made her look older than her age. Radiesse™ injection rejuvenated her appearance instantly! And this will last for up to 2 years!
Want to know more about Radiesse™? Pls call us at 8088140, 8869148 or 0917-9579335 to schedule your consultation with our Board-Certified and International-trained Dermatologist, Dr. Margaret Corcoran. See you at CorDerm soon!
Tag: Deep scars
WHAT ARE RADIESSE® FILLERS?
Radiesse® are dermal fillers that are used for smoothing moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds (the creases that extend from the corner of your nose to the corner of your mouth). Radiesse® is also used for correcting volume loss in the face and in the back of the hands. Radiesse® is likewise proven to form collagen which can help in treating deep scars like atrophic acne and chickenpox scars.
HOW DOES RADIESSE® WORK?
Radiesse® is a wrinkle filler used to plump the skin. Radiesse is injected through a small needle and placed under the skin. Immediately, this filler works to add volume under the skin and over time, the benefits of Radiesse® continue by stimulating your body’s own natural collagen. The natural results have been shown to last 15 to 18 months or more in many patients, making the treatment results both immediate and long lasting. Moreover, since collagen is being formed underneath the deep scars with the injection of Radiesse®, there is a significant long lasting reduction of the depth of deep scars like atrophic acne and chickenpox scars.
WHAT IS RADIESSE® MADE FROM?
RADIESSE® is made of tiny calcium-based microspheres suspended in a water-based gel. The calcium microspheres are similar to minerals found naturally in the body so allergy testing is not required. Over time, the body absorbs the microspheres and gel, leaving behind only natural collagen.
WHAT MAKES RADIESSE® DIFFERENT FROM OTHER DERMAL FILLERS?
Radiesse® is the only dermal filler available composed of calcium-based microspheres, and has been shown to stimulate the natural production of collagen, for results that may last 15 to 18 months or more in many patients. In addition, 30% less Radiesse® may be needed for correction when compared to other hyaluronic acid injectables. Unlike hyaluronic acid fillers, Radiesse™ will not migrate to other areas, which can lead to unsightly bulging/beading underneath the skin. In clinical studies with leading hyaluronic acid injectable dermal fillers, results showed that Radiesse® patients were more satisfied with their results than patients treated with other leading wrinkle fillers.
IS RADIESSE® PAINFUL?
Radiesse® is injected under the skin in a quick procedure that can be done over the lunch hour. Radiesse® is also FDA-approved to mix with lidocaine (an anesthetic), which means the procedure will be much more comfortable. In fact, in a clinical study, 90% of patients treated reported significant pain reduction when injected with Radiesse® mixed with lidocaine.
HOW SOON CAN I SEE THE RESULTS?
Immediately upon injection, Radiesse® restores volume to smooth out the signs of aging. The natural-looking results may last 15 to 18 months or more in many patients. For deep scars like atrophic acne scars, results are even longer lasting.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF RADIESSE®?
The most common adverse events include bruising, redness, swelling, pain, tenderness and itching. These side effects generally last for a short time and are mild in nature.
• This treatment can be applied to acne scars, chicken pox and traumatic scarring.
• Fractionation can also be applied for rejuvenation and is also used to treat photoaging, melasma, freckles and wrinkles.
• Fractionated laser can also be combined with IPL for superior results– a treatment known as Fractionated Photo Rejuvenation.
• Fractionated laser treats only a fraction of the skin enabling rapid healing and minimal side effects.
• Healing time can be as quick as 36 to 48 hours.
WHAT IS FRACTIONAL LASER THERAPY?
• Fractional Laser Therapy is a quick and effective laser procedure with little downtime, used for improving the overall appearance of your skin.
WHAT CONDITIONS CAN FRACTIONAL LASER THERAPY TREAT?
• Scars such as Acne, Chickenpox, Surgical and Traumatic scars
• Pigmentations such as Melasma, Freckles.
• Aging skin with Wrinkles, Age spots, Photoaged skin
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT IMMEDIATELY AFTER TREATMENT?
• Mild to moderate redness
• Sensation resembling sunburn.
WHEN SHOULD I EXPECT RESULTS?
• Effects can be noticed with in a week of treatment. During the subsequent weeks following your treatment, you may notice a general tightening effect. However, the true benefit of Fractional laser is the collagen remodeling that occurs during the 3 to 4 months following your treatment.
ARE THERE ANY RISKS IN THE PROCEDURE?
• Fractional Therapy is widely regarded as a safe procedure. Because only a fraction of the skin is affected, even deep treatments can be very safe. One of the best ways to reduce the possibility of complications is to follow the after-treatment care instructions and follow-up schedule provided by your Dermatologist. Doing so will help reduce the possibility of infection and ensure proper healing.